UNLEASHING THE POWER OF COMPASSION GLOBALLY AND LOCALLY.
Over the next 3 years, Bayside Church is doing a faith-raising campaign to set some exciting vision in MOTION.
What is "compassion first"? We have prayerfully chosen 56 projects locally and globally to fund FIRST as a part of our Compassion First Campaign model. Putting "compassion first" means that we are committed to fully funding those 56 projects before we improve our existing campuses.
4. HEART – Drill a clear water well to provide sustainability in Nairobi, Kenya.
5. TEARFUND – Educate and support vulnerable women and children in a heavily trafficked region in India near the Nepal border.
6. LIVING WATER INTERNATIONAL – Drill water wells in rural villages in Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, El Salvador, and Nicaragua.
7. WORLD CONCERN – Transform an entire village in rural Haiti with assistance in farming and agriculture, disaster preparedness, micro-lending programs, and local church support.
8. CITY IMPACT – Grow The San Francisco School of Ministry to reach the homeless, poor, and marginalized in the city.
9. COMPASSION CAUSES – Drill a well and launch a training center for pastors in Matagalpa, Nicaragua
10. ACRES OF HOPE – Support the work to change the cycle of homelessness for women and children.
11. CYCLES 4 HOPE – Provide hope and independence to those in need by providing recycled bicycles.
12. MERCY MULTIPLIED – Help women break free from life-controlling issues.
13. REGIONAL FOOD DRIVE – Stock the shelves of every food bank in Placer, Orangevale, Twin Lakes, and Sacramento.
Invest in High-Impact Ministries ($345,000)
14. WON LIFE PROJECT –Help an informal settlement with schooling and AIDS prevention for children in Durbanville Cape Town, South Africa.
15. LIGHTHOUSE CHURCH – Fuel the launch of the very first ARC plant in Ireland’s capital city of Dublin – where less than 3% of the population has heard the gospel and over 50% of Ireland’s population will live by 2050.
16. AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY – Partner with the American Bible Society to provide Bibles in Cuba.
17. WORLD RELIEF SACRAMENTO – Expand the impact of the World Relief Sacramento office to reach needs of local refugees.
18. VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA – Provide hope and a brighter future for those in need in Sacramento.
20. CHI-ALPHA –Assist in funding and reaching university students with the message of the Gospel.
19. POWERHOUSE MINISTRIES – Develop a project to reach the vulnerable, homeless, low-income, and prison affected families in Folsom.
22. SACRAMENTO WORLD IMPACT – Launch World Impact programs in Sacramento to come alongside low income and under-resourced families.
21. YOUTH FOR CHRIST MIDTOWN – Reach unchurched high school students in Sacramento.
24. MULTIPLY CHURCHES – Help fuel a church planting movement by launching 3 to 5 new Bayside Church plants in Northern California.
23. FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN ATHLETES – Impact high school athletes through the message of the gospel.
26. ALASKA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE – Equip Alaskan Natives through Biblically based education and Christian formation.
25. JONI AND FRIENDS – Provide scholarships for a marriage conference for parents of special needs children.
Reach At-Risk Kids ($120,000)
27. FAITH ALIVE HOSPITAL –Assist in funding and equipping the first
Pediatric Hospital in Jos, Nigeria.
28. CURE –Help complete construction of the CURE hospital in
the Philippines, providing life-changing surgeries for children with
29. SYRIAN REFUGEES –Provide food, hygiene items, basic
necessities, and education for Syrian Refugees living in tent camps
30. PARFUMS DE VIE –Expand after-school tutoring and mentoring
program for at-risk children from North Africa living in Southern
31. FOSTER CARE & ADOPTION –Encourage Bayside
families to become foster families and adopt, in
partnership with Koinonia and Stanford Youth Solutions.
33. GLASS SLIPPER –Work with at-risk teenage girls in Sacramento, providing mentoring and self-development programs.
32. READING PARTNERS –Provide tutors and mentors for children two years or more behind reading levels
34. YOUNG LIFE –Train the next generation of leaders in Central and Eastern Europe in partnership with the local Church.
Agape International Missions (AIM) was founded on the ground in Cambodia in 1988 as a humanitarian aid and church planting organization. Since 2005, the ministry has focused on ending the evil of child sexual slavery.
AIM takes a holistic approach to fighting trafficking, restoring victims and transforming communities, in order to defeat trafficking. Our projects Prevent, Rescue, Restore and Reintegrate. AIM is guided by a distinct philosophy that God anointed the Church through the power of Jesus Christ to overcome evil.
AIM has a US Headquarters in California with administrative staff and local, in-country staff for our programs.
World Vision is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice, and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
They pursue this mission through integrated, holistic commitment to:
Transformational development, Emergency Relief, Promotion of Justice, Partnerships with churches, Public awareness, and Witness to Jesus Christ.
Cycles 4 Hope is a non-profit organization focused on providing Hope, Independence & Opportunity to people in need through the donation of recycled bicycles. Cycles 4 Hope is based in Northern California and currently serves the greater Sacramento region.
Providing Hope One Bicycle At A Time!
Something as simple as a bicycle and a message of hope can positively impact a life. Just think… A bike can help you get to a shelter for food, water, clothing, medical care, and a clean bed. A bike can help you find and sustain employment. And most importantly, a bike can help bring back the hope and the joy that so many of our homeless neighbors have lost.
In partnership with the Church, the purpose of William Jessup University is to educate transformational leaders for the glory of God.
What is Thrive?
There’s something powerful about being surrounded by people who are working towards the same goal as you. We created four different experiences to gather people just like you, to encourage and equip you to impact your community. Whether you’re a leader in business or ministry, a student, a woman who wants to be connected, or someone who wants to learn more about your faith, we have an experience expertly designed for you.
Thrive School believes that preparing you for effective ministry and preparing you to stand out on a resume go hand-in-hand. At Thrive School, you'll get focused career training while working towards your college degree, and doing real ministry as a part of the high-impact teams here at Bayside Church, in Northern California.
God Behind Bars exists to launch church campuses inside prisons where they offer dynamic live worship experiences, opportunities for recovery from addiction, resources for re-entry into society, and ongoing support after release. One community at a time, one person at a time, we’re partnering with God to make a difference behind bars